Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Here We GO!!

Hey guys! A little bit about me and my blog...
This summer I, on a whim, submitted an application to Lendon Gray's Winter Intensive Training Program. I had been to her HUGEly amazing Youth Dressage Festival for two years and last winter was accepted into her Emerging Dressage Athlete Program. Weeks go by and I hear nothing so bracing for the worst I email Lendon to see if perhaps I just didn't get put on the correct email list. But then IT happened, that familiar "You've got mail" rang in my ears as I opened my acceptance letter!!
Since then it's been a bit of a blur. Between getting schooling arranged, finding housing, and all that other stuff there was a lot going on. When the time came to pack up and ship out I could hardly believe it, Me... yes ME... going to Wellington for the winter (for hard-core dressage training) I still cant believe it! I want to thank everyone who supported me and helped me get here, you guys were great and it wouldn't have been possible without you. [If you are ever in need of a jewel brow band Janet Quinn's Crown Jewels Design is amazing. http://www.crownjewelsdesign.com/] For more information about the WIT program or Lendon Gray's Dressage 4 Kids check out her website, its worth it http://dressage4kids.com/
Anyways, I'm here and have been in the program since the 4th (I know I know, I've been slacking on these blog posts but from now on you'll be hearing a lot more).

To give you a little feel for what a day is like as a WITtee (Lendon's pet name for us):
5:30 wake up
6:30 at the barn for morning feeding and chores
7:00 stretching
8:00- 1:30 lessons (when not lessoning there are more chores or watching lessons)
4:00 feeding and chores
5:00 lecture or demo (lectures are also at 2 some days)
9:00 night check (on rotation)
 So you see it's not all fun and games down here, although we do try to have some fun every now and again. When I get back to Chicago I will definitely be an expert in boot shining, tack cleaning, stall cleaning, and my aisle sweeping skills will be superb :) (I'm sure the Stonehedge Farm crew will be happy http://www.stonehedgefarm.net/)
Leopold has been adjusting well and is handling the heat better now that we got him fully clipped (that was an experience). Our rides are progressing and working with Lendon has been amazing. We also go the opportunity to ride with Courtney King, that was one of the best lessons I have ever had. She is an amazing trainer and person and I am honored to have worked with her.
Well thats all for now folks. Keep checking back and I promise you will be hearing much more from me. And please feel free to leave comments I'd love to hear from you, especially y'all back home.
(a quick shout out to my chem class that special requested this blog. Expect the occasional scifri :)

All Photo Creds go to my roomy Ally B



No comments:

Post a Comment