Friday, January 18, 2013

Run Forest RUNNNNN!

We spent the day at the Jim Brandon Equestrian Center as volunteer scribes and runners for the Judges' Forum at the CDI. These are judges who are working towards being certified for the next level of judging (that makes it sound complicated. Basically they are practicing for a test that gives them the ability to judge higher level dressage.) I would have loved to scribe but as anyone who has seen my handwriting knows, that wouldn't have worked well. Instead I was the runner, picking up tests from the scribes and taking them to the scorers to tabulate. Thankfully Lisa, our 'boss' for the job, brought her Polaris for me to drive back and forth, it was a long ways from the arena to the back of the property where the scorers were. After every ride I collected the tests from the 12 scribes, (quietly) sprinting down the flight of stairs, sprinting across the parking lot to the Polaris, driving (swiftly, but safely) down the road to the scorers, then all the way back BEFORE the next rider goes in the ring. Needless to say there was a lot of moving around, and it was a bit chilly this morning, I shouldn't be saying anything Im in Florida.
No lessons today but once we got back from the show I had a nice bareback ride in the field with one of my barnmates.
Well it's off to do night check for me... keep checking back- I've got some exciting news tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment